Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Themed hotel rooms...

Just when I think I've seen it all. Just when I think every hotel is the same....we were offered "themed" rooms at the Radisson in King of Prussia, PA (Interweave Beadfest). It sounded like a free upgrade. Thomas was even offered a jacuzzi tub in his "theme" room.

Paula and I ended up in the "Kyoto suite". It is sort of an Asian inspired, rustic cabin. There is a main floor with Paula's bed and then stairs up to a loft, where I will be sleeping. Paula thinks it is creepy. I like it. It is sort of nice to have something that is a little different. I've stayed in a 101 forgettable hotel rooms. This is a room that I won't forget. It is definitely surreal to step out of the hotel hallway into a room that is so wildly different in decor.



Now, Thomas was like "Gimme the one with the jacuzzi tub." So, he got keys to the "Cowboy Suite". Oh boy, I've never seen anything like it.




This is seriously a hotel room. THAT is SERIOUSLY a swinging gate and a fake house...and cacti. It is just too good to be true! It was a little too much for Thomas to take. So, Jenny traded her nice normal room for a little piece of cowboy heaven. Yee haw, Jenny!

We meet up at high noon tomorrow for set up. Here are the show details:
  • Beadfest Philadelphia
    August 22 - 24, 2008
    Valley Forge Convention Center
    1160 First Avenue
    King of Prussia, PA 19406
    Montgomery County
  • Attendees can sign up for the Soft Flex Treasure Chest giveaway to win $1,000 in product at the door!

    Details:
    Friday 8/22, Noon - 7pm
    Saturday 8/23, 10am - 6pm
    Sunday 8/24, 11am - 5pm
    Admission: $10/day, $12/2-day pass, $14/3-day pass

2 comments:

Creative Stash said...

Those rooms are GREAT! What do you mean Thomas couldn't take it? Glad Jenny scooped up that sweet pad for the weekend.

JennW7275 said...

Yee-haw! I really wanted to find a cheesy cowboy hat and a piece of straw to show up with at the booth the next morning. Say that the room was rubbing off on me.

The hot tub was nice, but it was little weird having it right in the middle of the room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...