Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh hot cocoa & winter vacation....

How I love thee.....

Joshua put Ghirardelli hot cocoa in my stocking. It is absolutely fantastic. As I sip my hot cocoa, I thought I'd write a quick blog.

I'm on vacation. I know for some that this would mean flying far away to some exotic destination. For me, vacation....real vacation....is being home and not having to work. Being that I travel so much for work, there is nothing better than being home. I have been catching up on all of the chores that I had put off over the Christmas season. My spare room/office had been abandoned as a dumping ground for all sorts of odds and ends. My bead table was a terrible mess from making last minute gifts left and right. We got a new shelving unit for our dining area which made more room in our kitchen cupboards. So, lots of reorganizing....It is wonderful. Does this sound like the most boring vacation ever? Absolutely not. It is everything I was hoping for!

I have gotten out of the house a little. Josh & I picked up Miss Jamie and headed over to Kristen's house on Sunday. Kristen was the gracious hostess that she always is and her family was just as adorable as they always are!


On Monday, I met up with Jamie & her mom to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". I really enjoyed this movie but do warn you, it is very long. So, plan a good 3 hours for viewing. I felt like it was a mix of "Big Fish" & "Forest Gump". It definitely kept my attention. It definitely made me cry. See it...I won't say any more.

Although I'm not working, I do want to encourage you to take note that there are some really great sales this week. For the last week of the "Home for the holidays" sale, you will find the Extreme 925 Flex Wire & Soft Touch Wire on sale. Also, the knitting spools are on sale. So, if you wanted one from Santa but he didn't have a chance to get it into your stocking, now is your chance to nab one for yourself. If you want a basic tutorial on how to use the knitting spools, check out these blog entries.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the new year. I hope to be organized, rejuvenated and ready to jump in head first! Talk to you soon.....

3 comments:

Jean said...

Happy New Year! Hugs to you and your guy and hugs to Jamie from me, too! xox
jean

Creative Stash said...

sounds like a lovely (leo-esque) vacation! hope you are well rested and felling fresh in your newly organized space! Thanks for joining us for some fun times last Sunday :)

Softflexgirl said...

Awww Jean, happy new year to you too!

Kristen, thank you for throwing the get together...glad that I come up with such good ideas and you play along. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...