Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day Trip

My day trip to Albuquerque was quick and fun. I enjoyed seeing a few of my fellow telecommuting co-workers and had a nice meeting.

Jenny Wilson (our trade show manager) was kind enough to pick me up and cart me around all day. She set up a nice lunch at her favorite Mexican food restaurant. Per Rashan's suggestion, at lunch I had a #1 combo. I can see why they both enjoy eating there, it was VERY good and I ate far too much for my own good.

I really loved the mountains that overlook the "burque" as my native friends call it. They are beautiful.

All in all, it was just a gorgeous day. Beautiful weather. Wonderful friends. Great work meeting. And THEN, I got to go right back home. That is my favorite kind of trip. FAST!

Gotta love the double mirrors in Jenny's van. She thought I was kooky for focusing in on them with my camera. Maybe I am. But, I think the double image looks so neat.

And finally, Jenny drove me the "Chevy on a stick" on my way back to the airport.

A big thanks to Jenny for putting up with me all day long. She is far too kind. We are very lucky to have her on the Soft Flex team.

Next week: Bead & Button in Milwaukee, WI. I leave Tuesday!

Bead & Button Show
Date:June 4 - 7, 2009
Midwest Airlines Center
400 West Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Details: Thursday 6/4, 4pm - 9pm (preview night is only open to students and registered wholesale buyers)
Friday 6/5, 10am - 8pm
Saturday 6/6, 10am - 6pm
Sunday 6/7, 10am - 4pm
Admission: $9 each day

4 comments:

JennW7275 said...

glad you enjoyed yourself. Now I will have to plan a day trip to Phoenix!

Softflexgirl said...

I like the sound of that.:)

Carla said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Have you ever eaten at the Frontier - downtown? Whenever I visit my friend in Alb it's a must for breakfast - Green Chile Breakfast Burrito, fresh (as you order) squeezed OJ and hot (as in temp not pepper heat) salsa. Yummm!
I like Albuquerque and that whole area of NM.

Softflexgirl said...

I really haven't spent much time in Alb at all. How many hours does it take you guys to drive there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...