Toronto

3:54 PM

There are no better host and hostesses than the folks at John Bead. They truly are so hospitable and I can never thank them enough for taking such good care of me when I visit! We've aligned with distributors that are on our same wave length. They have family owned and operated distributorships. In North America, with John Bead, Foreign Source and Eurotool - we just absolutely cannot go wrong.

I was happy to meet the Editor of Canadian Beading, Alison Savage. I was even more delighted to see that the cover project for the latest issue (#6) uses our Serenity Trio. Wowza!

I got to meet and spend time with Pam from Tierra Cast as well as Doug from Unicorn Beads. They were both a treat for chit chat. I got to learn a lot about their product lines as they each introduced John Bead as their Canadian distributor. Here's Pam helping some customers with Make-it-Take-its. She was so sweet, all of the staff at Tierra Cast that I've had the fortune to meet seem sweet. What a neat company, full of neat people!

Designer Adela Kodonova from the Czech Republic was on hand to showcase the Jablonex beads. She was the designer for Runway 2008 at John Bead and is always full of smiles. She was excited to try our Trios in a few designs. I'm sure that she will make something fabulous!

Last night, we were treated to dinner at Wayne Gretzky's restaurant and tickets to a comedy show at The Second City in downtown Toronto. SEE - those John Bead'ers are REALLY great hosts and hostesses! It was so nice to laugh and I laughed hard. Although, I did not understand some of the Canadian jokes. But, there was a pretty funny impersonation of President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton. All in all, it was a long day and I was really exhausted last night but it was a happy exhausted.

Today, after I finished demo-ing and packed up I decided to drive back downtown and check out the CN Tower. It was really windy today and the clouds were moving around the city at the speed of lightening.

Isn't it just amazing?

Lake Ontario from the Observation deck.

Downtown Toronto from the bar/cafe. I stopped in and had a really yummy bowl of wild mushroom french onion soup and a beer. Mmmm! This was the point that I really missed sharing with my special somone. I wanted to bob my head or blink my eyes like "I dream of genie" and have Josh appear in the chair across from me. It was such a lovely view, I wanted to share it with him.

Then I headed up to the Sky Pod. Now this was COOL. It is supposed to be the world's highest observation deck. With all of the wind blowing, I could feel the building moving. I've never felt a building move underneath me. I tried not to think about it too much and just focus on the view.

The all glass sky pod offered a really neat 360 view of the city!


And then on my way out, I checked out the glass floor on the Observation deck. It was so strange to stand and look down. I'm not in the least bit afraid of heights (I jumped out of a plane for crying out loud). However, when I stepped out on the glass floor, I was shocked to find my heart skip a beat.

All in all, it was a succesful and fun trip to Toronto. Did I get much sleep? No. Did I get to spread the word about our wonderful products? Yes. Did I get to see some eyes light up at the sight of Trios and our new Extreme? YES. Did I have a good time? Yes. I call that successful!

You Might Also Like

4 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog on Katie Wilson's wonderful drawings.

    I also love Toronto - our son has been there for the last 5 - 6 years We live in London, UK and have visited Vancouver, Montreal and of course Toronto. There are some wonderful yarn and beadshops to mooch - and the people are just so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Canadians are very nice...minus one very mean custom's official on my way home! 1st mean Canadian that I've met in all 4 of my trips to Toronto. There is always 1....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you enjoyed your trip to our great city. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Yes go ahead and mention it.
    Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers