bead show

Bead & Button Friday

9:16 PM

Well today was a long day. We started out at 9:30am and didn't leave the booth until after the show ended at 8pm. But, I felt really energized today. The bead show was abuzz. It is always so nice to see old friends and to meet new ones.

Some highlights: Heather Powers dropped off some awesome beads for me. She is just as sweet as can be. If you aren't familiar with this lovely lady, please stop by and check out her blog: Humblebeads.

I got interviewed for a podcast. That was cool! I'll post details when it goes live. :)

I got to meet a breast cancer survivor that donated to my 3-day walk last year and give her a big hug. She sight unseen donated to my walk from a Soft Flex email. She happened to be at the show. I happened to be talking to her. I happened to mention that I was Sara. She replied, "THE Sara." Then, we got to share a few stories and it was wonderful.

I got lots of compliments on my new fringe earrings that I posted a few days ago and wore for the first time today. Yay!

The lovely, amazing & hilarious Jean Campbell stopped by. She is always a hoot. She commented on my being so very domesticated. It's true. I love nothing more than to be home with my boyfriend and dog. But, visiting a bead show (and especially this one) is always a nice addition to my life. If you don't know who Jean is (I'm not quite sure how that could be possible, but just in case) she was the founding editor for Beadwork Magazine.

Cathy Jakicic brought over a copy of her new book Hip Handmade Memory Jewelry for me to take a look at. I can tell that I'm going to just love it. I can't wait to sit down and enjoy it more thoroughly. I think that it will need to get in line for a book review later this summer. "Hip" is definitely a word that I would use to describe Cathy, Editor for Bead Style Magazine. She always is so well put together and uniquely herself. It was a joy to spend some time with her.

It has been a pleasure to see so many bead stores come through the show. In the past half year we have made some big changes in our distribution pattern. For many years, we had little to no direct contact with the stores that sell our products because we sold almost exclusively through a 3rd party. That isn't so any more. We still have several authorized distributors, but we have taken a more hands on approach. It is WONDERFUL. It is so fun to visit with the many bead stores that have sold our products for years and not gotten to spend a lot of time with us. It just warms my heart to hear from a store owner that they would never use anything but our brand of wire and won't sell anything else to their customers. We are so fortunate to have so many loyal supporters, and I really do believe that bead stores are the backbone of the beading industry. So if you have a local bead store be sure to support them and their efforts. Find a bead store near you!

Lots of excitement for the new products. The Trios are just flying off of the shelves. We can't keep them stocked. The gemstones are always a huge attraction. Mike has the best gemstones and this year, we went to great lengths to cut down to short strands and single beads. This allows for the designer to buy in a smaller quantity and not break the bank in this poor economy.

These are just a few of my highlights. I'm sure I could go on for another few hours, but I better get some rest for tomorrow! What a fun show!? I'll see if I can get more video tomorrow. I took some today, but it was just too bouncy. I need to slow down and not move around quite so much. Learning curve....

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers