Enjoying Spokane

8:08 PM

I arrived early in the afternoon and decided after checking into my hotel to go explore a little. I'm in walking distance of the downtown area, although it was a pretty chilly walk to the mall area with some biting wind nipping at my heels. I made it and then decided that a clearance sweater from the Banana Republic was meant to be in order to keep myself warm. I'm such a baby when it comes to being cold. Then, I checked out a new movie at the theater. I saw The Time Travelers Wife. It was sad! I was pleasantly surprised how well it all made sense. So often in movies where time travel takes place, I'm left thinking..."Does that make sense?" I was worried that I'd have that same feeling this time. Not true. It all made perfect sense. It was wonderful. Rachel Adams is such a great actress.

Then, I meandered down to the park. It is so nice over there. So green with so many beautiful flowers blooming. I love that.


And finally I grabbed a halibut sandwhich and amber ales at a place called Steelhead Bar & Grill. It was pretty yummy.

I'm looking forward to a full day tomorrow at Rings & Things! I'm armed with Flex Your Creativity Beading Contest postcards. I'm hoping to talk a few more designers into exposing their wire and their designs to the world. Only 18 days left to submit your designs! Wish me luck.

You Might Also Like

3 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. I am so jealous! I would have loved to go up for the anniversary and to have met you and Dave. I think I'm going to put it on my calendar for next year.

    Lovely pictures - looks like you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit some of the great places downtown, Sara! Actually I still haven't been in to Steelhead (since it was Taco Time, lol) and now I really want to check it out... Glad you had a nice time in our town!

    --Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really good, very modern. Seemed fitting. Since so much of my life is based around a steel wire, why not eat at a steel themed restaurant?! I had a very nice visit. It was short and sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers