Jamie Hogsett

Amethyst d'Amore in Create Jewelry: Stones

11:18 AM


Guest Blogger: Jamie Hogsett

Amethyst d'Amore Bracelet
Create Jewelry: Stones
by Jamie Hogsett and Marlene Blessing

I was dusting off my dresser over the weekend (a very time-consuming task with the ridiculous piles of jewelry on it) and rediscovered this fun bracelet. I made this piece about two years ago for the third book in the Create Jewelry series. It was one of the first times I'd used colored beading wire and purposely left some exposed on the bracelet.


I used purple amethyst wire and all purple beads with a couple of gorgeous Raku ceramic pieces. Now that I look at the Raku again, I realize I could have made this bracelet with citrine or lapis, or even tanzanite, had I decided to pull different colors from the rainbow-colored ceramic links. As always, the possibilities are endless with this many colors of wire to choose from. I've been making designs that expose the colored wire for over a year now and it's great fun to always discover new ways to use it.

Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com or via her blog at jamiehogsett.blogspot.com.

You Might Also Like

2 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. I just found this book over the summer at a bead shop on vacation. I have to say it is one of my favorites. There are so many inspiring projects, it made my head spin with possibilities! Thank you for sharing your project and for such a wonderful book.

    -Suzann Sladcik Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. All 4 in the series are great books. I reviewed them not too long ago in our Spotlight section - http://www.softflexcompany.com/Spotlight_ArchivesBook.html. They are all marked as the "Create Jewelry" series.

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers