Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall Fashion

Rachel Zoe (about a Glamour shoot that she styled) "With the shoot, I'm going to illustrate a lot of the trends that I saw on the New York runways: leggings, layering sweaters, fitted little jackets and tons of sequins." What is your favorite trend this fall? I love the idea of sequins on really comfy and casual clothing pieces - like vests & t-shirts. Spice it up a little. I also love, love, love leggings and tights in fun colors and textures. Scarves and boots make Fall & Winter fashion tons of fun!

In the jewelry world, I noticed last weekend when I stepped into Gap that they had either really chunky mixed media designs (as shown above from Bebe) or uber dainty & delicate pieces, but not much in between. Upon inspection of my Fall Instyle and Vogue, I saw a lot of chunky mixed media designs. These designs combine different gauges of chain, leather, zippers, ribbon, beads etc. They are very messy looking and therefore probably look very sexy when worn with the right outfit or dress.

I was really excited to see that InStyle was offering DIY tips! Us bead fanatics so often forget that beading is not exclusive to jewelry. Handcrafting hair accessories, embellishing shoes, bags, belts, etc are also serious options.


Pictures From InStyle Magazine
September 2009
(click to get a better view)

These pages in InStyle Magazine's September Issue inspired me. I have a few sketches for ideas that I'd like to flush out. I have been working hard all week to ebb out some time to sit down at my bead table and explore the ideas that are floating around in my head as well as write instructions for some of the projects that I have already created this year. Instructions are always the hardest part for me - but as I do like to share my ideas, inevitably they have to be written.

My cousin, Virginia Barrera, designed the above free project idea quite a few years back. I couldn't help but think of it as I looked over the hair accessory options in my Instyle Magazine. I can picture updating this same design using big jet black crystal bicones. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

For more Fall & Winter tips:

JustATish showed some a nice Fall Color Guide from FashionTrendSetter.com on her blog.

You can buy a full Fall/Winter 2009 Color Report from Margie Deeb for only $9.95. Margie Deeb, "There's no substitute for great color. You can be a brilliant designer, but if your color is weak, so is your jewelry." Very true!

Also, see what will be hot Spring 2010:

1 comment:

JustATish said...

Thanks so much for the mention.

I love the combs your cousin made!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...