Jamie Hogsett

Smoldering Embers

10:45 AM


Guest Blogger: Jamie Hogsett
Stringing Magazine, Fall 2009




I received the cover image from the Fall 2009 issue of Stringing Magazine today from the fine ladies who edit it. Isn't it a gorgeous cover? I love the color combination. It's just one more thing that's getting me excited about fall. This issue of Stringing will be on the newsstands in early October, and subscribers will start receiving their issues next week!


Included in this issue is my Smoldering Embers necklace. The focal bead and the lampworked glass rondelles are made by the awesome Lori Greenberg. I love the colors she used to make the focal bead, as well as her patterns of circles and dots.

Lori's beads matched up perfectly with the Vitality Trios set, so I used it to string three strands of Lori's rondelles, pearls, and carnelian. I added them to a section of chain I purchased just before I moved back to Colorado last year. I really like the fact that the focal piece can be worn in front or on the side. I look forward to seeing the way the girls at Stringing photographed the piece.

In addition to the necklace, I also have a bracelet and three pairs of earrings in this issue. This bracelet - strung on Fluorite beading wire and featuring lampworked glass beads from Nancy Tobey - is my new favorite and I'm delighted to have it back after the more than four months it spend with the magazine. The bracelet, along with the three pairs of earrings (you'll have to get the magazine to see them), will be great accessories to my fall wardrobe.

Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at
Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com or via her blog at jamiehogsett.blogspot.com.

You Might Also Like

3 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Can't wait to see it! Looks like it's packed with goodies like usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori helped me make my first glass beads. She is pretty wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers