Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tequila Sunrise in The Best of Stringing


Guest blogger: Jamie Hogsett
The Best of Stringing 2009



One of my favorite necklaces of late - and one that I actually wear - is back in my possession after spending the summer in Loveland at Interweave Press. Tequila Sunrise was made with lampworked glass beads from Nancy Tobey; citrine, aquamarine, and turquoise from Soft Flex Company; and natural brass beads and findings from Vintaj. I love the combination of colors in this necklace!
I was honored when Danielle Fox, editor of Stringing, asked me to design a new piece for the first ever "Best Of" issue of the magazine. For those of you who don't know, I was the second editor of Stringing and the editor who brought it from a special issue to a quarterly publication, so I've always considered it to be my "baby." I'm so proud of how popular the magazine has become and I love that I've been involved in every issue in some form or another, as editor, technical editor, and/or contributor.
It was a great surprise to flip through the pages and count that I have 24 pieces in this issue - wow! I guess that makes sense, considering I've made close to 300 projects for Stringing in the over five years it's been published. All the same, it was pretty cool to see five of my bracelets on this page of the bracelet spread.
Thank you Danielle, and everyone else at Stringing, for letting me still be a part of this lovely magazine!

Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com or via her blog at jamiehogsett.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Kristen (Creative Stash) said...

nice design! The colors are so soothing. congrats on all those pieces in the best of! you rock :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...