Saturday, September 12, 2009

Who says you can't teach an old hippy new tricks?


Guest blogger: Jennifer Wilson
Who says you can't teach an old hippy new tricks?


I mean no offense to hippies of any age. I was just very pleased with my father (who has called himself "an old hippy" on many an occassion this past weekend when he learned how to string a necklace.

My father has been a lampworker for over 30 years. He has made more glass beads and pendants than I could possibly count.

However, until this last weekend when we had some slow spots at an art show on the Santa Fe plaza, he had never attempted to string up his work. I was stringing a few things for an upcoming show and he offered to help - so I put him to work.



These necklaces are based on the Econo Lampwork Necklace by Sara Hardin in the free projects area of our website.

Good job Dad! I won't even tell anyone that you enjoyed it. Whoops, think I just did.

Jennifer Wilson is the Trade Show Manager for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jennifer@SoftFlexCompany.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...