Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Braided 925 Sterling Silver Extreme Wire + CZs = My New Favorite Necklace


Guest blogger: Jamie Hogsett

I heart braiding Soft Flex Wire...


It seems that my obsession with braiding Soft Flex wire continues. This time, I paired 925 Sterling Silver Soft Flex Extreme Wire with some gorgeous CZs given to me by the nice people at Artbeads.com, who let me pick out a some pieces from their extensive CZ collection. I've never used these little CZ links, so when I saw them on the website, I was excited to incorporate them into a design. I choose the links and the clasp in Cognac, the pendant in Champagne, the briolettes in burnt orange, and the ovals in Chinese peridot. They're all warm colors - perfect for fall.

I had an idea of the design in mind before the CZs even arrived and as soon as I pulled them from my mailbox, I got started making up the piece. I used the Extreme wire for the bail of the pendant and to connect the center section to the two bezel links. After stringing a few more CZs on the other sides of the links, I used a crimp tube and crimp cover to attach two more strands of wire to the exhisting strand. The strands of wire braided together look like chain - the perfect delicate-looking, yet strong way to finish this design.

Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com or via her blog at jamiehogsett.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Michelle Mach said...

Love the idea of braided wire. I'm going to need to try that . . . as soon as I meet a few deadlines!

Anonymous said...

Cool website, I had not come across softflexgirl.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Continue the excellent work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...