Make Mini Gift Tags using Free Art from Soft Flex Company

10:45 AM


Guest Blogger: Jamie Hogsett

Make Your Own Gift Tags: ShrinkyDink Style!

Now that you've made your own boxes for your holiday gifts, it's time to finish the packages with some handmade gift tags. I give a lot of earrings as gifts and make very small boxes for them, so am in need of some tiny gift tags. I remembered that Kristen's been making gorgeous Free Art & Printables for several months now and was excited to finally have a chance to use her beautiful gift tags. Kristen gave me permission to trace some of her designs onto ShrinkyDink paper and now I have the perfect wee gift tags for my little boxes.

I chose to use some of the designs from the Elegant Leaves set and the Holiday Gift Tags set. I traced designs with a permanemt black marker and decided who to write out to tags to. You have to decide this in advance as you can't easily add them to the tags after baking.


Next, I used colored pencils to color in areas of the tags, punched out the holes using a regular size hole-punch, and cut the tags out while I waited for the toaster oven to heat to 325 degrees.


Then it was time for the fun part: baking. It's crazy to watch the little pieces of plastic curl up and shrink. Just when you think the edges are stuck together and you'll have to start from scratch, the pieces start to flatten out and you know they're finished.

I love how these turned out! It's been awhile since I've used Shrinky-Dink plastic, so I forgot how the colors tend to darken. Even though a few of these are darker than I would have liked, they aren't as dark as they appear here and will still work perfectly. Now, if I only had the gifts for all of these lovely ladies made...

Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com or via her blog at jamiehogsett.blogspot.com.

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers