Jamie Hogsett

Last Minute Gift Ideas in The School of Design

10:45 AM


Guest Blogger: Jamie Hogsett

Still trying to complete your Christmas list? Shop for Free Project Ideas in the School of Design!


There are only a few days left. I think I can safely say that the only gifts I'm still needing are the ones I can make. I'm thrilled that I don't need to fight the crowds in the stores. I always look at projects in The School of Design to inspire me when I'm looking for last minute gifts. The project that caught my eye most recently is the Mixed Metals Bracelet. It's a great project that can be completed in under an hour and there are many ways to vary the original instructions.

The first variation was made with the Vitality Trios set. I cut six strands of each of the three colors. I blended the colors a little bit by using four strands of one color and one strand of each of the other colors per braid. This way, there is still a dominant color to each braid, but the other two colors are present, which makes for a gorgeous effect.


For the second variation, I decided to add some crystal bicones to each braid. I cut four strands of wire and strung about thirty bicones to the wire on the spool for the fifth strand. As I was braiding, I placed a crystal on the fifth strand in between each of the crossovers from the other wires. Rather than using a Trios set for this piece, I created a customized set of .019 diameter wire specifically for my cousin. With the Spinel wire, I used Padparadscha Satin bicones; with the Purple Amethyst wire, I used Violet Satin bicones; and with the Black Onyx wire, I used Crystal Satin bicones. I love the way the braid looks with the bicones included. I hope my cousin likes it as much as I do.

Happy Holidays to you all. I hope you enjoy lots of wonderful time with your friends and families.

Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com or via her blog at jamiehogsett.blogspot.com.

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers