Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dangles and Daggers Bracelet



Guest Blogger: Jamie Hogsett

Dangles and Daggers Bracelet

It's always a happy day when there are beads in the mailbox. I recently received a fun package from Artbeads.com full of some great Czech glass beads and Hill Tribe silver findings. I used Soft Flex beading wire in chrysoprase, fluorite and green turquoise to make a fun new bracelet that I absolutely love.





The bracelet includes four different types of glass danlges: duckbills, spades, petals and daggers in gorgeous shades of turquoise and wasabi green. Each strand of the bracelet is a slightly different combination of the four beads. On all three strands, the duckbill beads anchor the other beads because the wire passes through the beads twice, keeping them in place. 





The bracelet is finished off with Thai silver cones and an awesome clasp (one that I need to add to my collection, for sure). I love using colored Soft Flex beading wire with cones. Rather than using an eye pin to finish off the cone, I like to string the cone onto the colored beading wire so that a little bit of it shows at the clasp attachment. It's just an extra design detail that seems to bring the whole piece together. I heart this bracelet.






1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

LOVE the colors, and that toggle is to die for!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...