Friday, January 22, 2010

Matt Cole Recycles Bowling Balls into Jewelry



Jewelry can be made from just about anything. I love a good story of recycling a material that would normally just be discarded and turning it into something lovely.  Matt Cole recycles bowling balls into unique and wearable jewelry.

Originally from Detroit, I have lived in Bali, Indonesia for the past 10 years, and I have made jewelry here for as long.


I am a 10-pin bowler too.  I've always thought that bowling balls are pretty.  Even the black ones.  Why not turn them into jewelry?  Encouraged by my friends, I am now saving balls from being buried in landfills. I've designed a line of jewelry using these recycled bowling balls, and it's something I feel quite passionate about!  They're not so heavy after you slice them up.  They look quite stunning in fact!


To my knowledge there are no other designers out there offering a complete line of jewelry made from bowling balls, and so I am doing my best to take this idea to a new level.  I feel compelled and passionate about this!  During the year 2010 I will be introducing several new designs of earrings, bracelets, rings, necklaces, and pendants all made from discarded bowling balls and either silver, copper, bronze or brass.  

1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

Isn't he awesome? I was on the phone with him yesterday and I am SO excited for his new venture!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...