bead show

CHA - Craft & Hobby Association Make-It-Take-It Madness

9:00 AM




One of the nicest parts of visiting CHA is all of the fun Make-It-Take-It projects available.  Each aisle is brimming with possibilities.  It is wonderful to try new techniques, to dabble in things that I might not be willing to try without help, etc. It is quite lovely.  Here are some of my favorites from this year.


Recycled Sweater & Button Flower.  How cute is this?  This Make-It-Take-It was a ton of fun and really easy.  It was nice to meet Stefanie Girard and to take a peak at her book: Sweater Surgery.  Stefanie can be regularly found at Craft Gossip.


The above necklace is a mixture of 2 Make-It-Take-Its.  The necklace was a MITI from Making Memories.  Jill Schwartz was the designer.  The star pendant that reads "shine" was created at the Vintaj booth.  I fall more and more in love with Vintaj each and every time I see them.  Their products allow for so much creativity and our antique brass colored Soft Flex Metallics Beading Wire is a natural fit for their products.  



Then, of course, there was the Tim Holtz Make-It-Take-It.  It was pretty simple, but fun and cute.  




And finally, the most interesting Make-It-Take-It was a polymer clay pendant taught by Christi Friesen.  Christi was a wonderful and patient teacher.  She has several books!  I really enjoyed polymer clay.  I had never worked with this medium before.  It was great.  It could be as easy or as complex as you make it.  I'll definitely dabble in polymer again. 

You Might Also Like

1 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. I love it all, but particularly the felted flower and the star!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers