Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bright Colors and Blossoms for Spring!


My friends at Artbeads.com invited me to pick out and play with a selection of items that make me think of spring. What always comes to mind are the first flowers emerging through the ground: daffodils and crocuses! I see these blooms in my mom's garden every spring and love their many shades of yellow, orange, red, and purple. I selected Crystallized by Swarovski beads in the very cool Graphic Cubes shape and Antique Silver TierraCast pieces from their new Viva Mexicana! line. Crystals in Amethyst, Light Amethyst, Light Topaz, Siam, and Topaz are spaced apart on Soft Flex .019 beading wire in Purple Amethyst, Citrine, and Spinel. TierraCast Antique Silver Paloma Links connect the three strands of colored wire to three braided strands of Extreme 925 Sterling Silver wire in .024. Finishing off the necklace is a TierraCast Silver Sacred Heart Toggle Clasp - one of the many pieces I love from the new line! During these last dreary days of winter, this bright color combination reminds me that spring is, finally and thankfully, right around the corner.




Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

1 comment:

Createology said...

This is lovely and yes, I see Spring flowers. Happy creating...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...