Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Egg Hunt Free Project Instructions

Brand new Egg Hunt instructions are now available in the Free Projects section of Soft Flex Company's School of Design. This necklace was my very first experience with resin and I'm pretty sure I'm hooked now. It's amazing what you can make with beads, glitter, paper, and ICE Resin. 
The Egg Hunt Trios wire set is composed of Soft Flex .019 wire in Purple Amethyst, Chrysoprase, and Green Turquoise. It's one of my favorite color combinations.
Fusionbeads.com supplied all the beads and materials to go with the Egg Hunt Trios wire set and they sent an amazing amount of beads and findings to play with for this project. Their inspiration page for the Egg Hunt necklace allows you to order all of the materials in one spot and is definitely worth checking out. An added bonus is an inspiration page for the materials used in the Egg Hunt earrings. Enjoy!

Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

8 comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Sara, great project! I love the look of that necklace! Personally, I am "asymmetrically challenged" and can't normally think like this! So I really appreciate you helping me see beyond my own mind to something so beautiful!

Have a terrific day!
Dawn

Softflexgirl said...

Jamie is really good at asymmetrical. I'm getting better, slowly but surely. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out.

JustATish said...

I LOVE stopping by this blog. I am always awestruck, inspired and thrilled with each entry

Softflexgirl said...

Wow! Thanks so much! That is such a nice compliment. We live to inspire.

Createology said...

This necklace is fabulous. The colors are perfect. I just heard about ice resin today and it sounds very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Happy creating...

Softflexgirl said...

You can do all sorts of really neat things with ICE Resin. I like to save really nice cards and cut them apart to create pendants. Fusion Beads has lots of resin backs for just that sort of project.

Claire said...

That necklace is wonderfully fun, I love the colors and the multiple strand design. I'd never thought to loop the stringing wire back through the bead again instead of crimp beads.

I'm putting of learning how to use resin until summer with warmer weather, but this is giving me some ideas. Thanks.

Lisa Crone said...

This is so FUN!! I'm feeling very inspired by all the techniques wrapped up in this piece.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...