Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Inspired by Alice


My friends took me to see Alice in Wonderland over the weekend - what a treat! The movie is gorgeous, filled with ethereal, romantic colors. I couldn't get the pale pinks and blues, the silver, or the bronze tones out of my head, so I was inspired to make a necklace. I picked charms and a toggle clasp from Green Girl Studios with images of trees, flowers, a castle, a lock and key, and a bird because they were all important the the movie. 
 
Soft Flex beading wire in the .019 diameter Extreme Trios set was braided around stick pearls to give an open, airy look to the pearls. This is a very girlie combination for me, but I can't help but love this mix of materials and colors.

Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

2 comments:

Createology said...

How very Alice indeed. The texture and soft pastels and braided trio wire is a perfect combo. Well done.

http://marjonsivuilut.blogspot.com/ said...

Wau! It´s wonderful! I like it very much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...