Jamie Hogsett

Spring Botanicals Earrings

10:45 AM


Lisa Kan makes gorgeous lampworked glass flowers in her Botanical Floral Series. Lisa has nearly 50 color options available on her website - they're all amazingly beautiful and can be used in so many different ways. My mom treated me to this pair last fall at the Soft Flex Company Glass Art & Bead Festival in New York City. Now that the sun is shining and the weather is warming, I wanted to make a pair of earrings to welcome spring.

I used Soft Flex Beading Wire in Red Jasper to string the flowers. The wire color matches the colors in my beads so well, that it's difficult to even see it. I put 2mm crimp tubes and 3mm crimp covers on both sides of the flowers to keep them stable on the wire. The wire is attached to a 4mm soldered jump ring, and crimped and covered again, and the jump ring dangles from a sterling silver ear wire. When worn, the flowers look like they're floating. Gorgeous! 


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

3 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. These are elegant and simple. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. trios giveaway - amfeder@live.com

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers