Jamie Hogsett

Braided Black Obsidian Bracelet by Jamie Hogsett

10:45 AM


These gorgeous black obsidian beads were acquired from Lillypilly Designs at the Rocky Mountain Bead Society Bead Bazaar last weekend in Denver. The RMBS puts on a great bead show and this year was more fun than ever (and quite busy too!). I wanted to make a bracelet that would keep these beads at the top of my wrist and instantly thought of braiding - you know I love that technique. 

I began with three strands of Black Onyx .019 diameter Soft Flex Beading Wire with a Bead Stopper placed on the ends of the wires. I braided half of the wire before stringing a black pattern Black Obsidian bead, then braided the second half and secured the wires with another Bead Stopper. I repeated this with a red botanical Black Obsidian bead, placing the bead just left of center, then repeated it again with a celedon botanical Black Obsidian bead placed just right of center. Using yet another Bead Stopper, I clipped the three strands together, then braided them, making sure to keep the beads together at the center. Sterling silver 3mm crimp tubes and a sterling silver box clasp from Jess Imports finish off the piece. 

This is a fun piece that I'll be wearing pretty frequently. I'm very tempted to make another one using colored beading wire or the Extreme Trios wire set. So many possibilities... 


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

2 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers