crimps

Crimps of all sizes

10:37 AM

Design by Sara Hardin
Green Girl Studios toggle and "sun rock" 

I love this design because it shows all 3 sizes of crimps.  I used 1x1mm crimp tubes and micro crimping pliers to anchor the beads in place on the colored beading wire.  Each strand of beading wire is connected to the "sun rock" using a 2x2mm crimp tube and regular crimping pliers.  I chose to use crimp covers over my 2x2mm crimp tubes.  On the opposite side of the necklace, I used a 3x3mm crimp tube and mighty crimping pliers to attach all 3 strands to the toggle clasp.  

A little side note about crimps, spend more and you will get more.  Crimps are an integral part of any design.  It is important to make sure that your crimp tubes are seamless and strong.  We manufacture ours with double the wall thickness of most on the market.  They are also entirely seamless.  

You Might Also Like

6 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. I guess I need to get some of those larger crimp tubes (3mm) for making lanyards since the heavier .24 wire doesn't go double through the smaller ones. Thanks for the crimping info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use a 2x3mm crimp tube with the .024 beading wire. For some reason they are just tad bit wider to accommodate the .024. The 2x2's are not always wide enough for .024 diameter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sara! Great to know. I'll have to get some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sara!
    That's a cool use of the bird toggle and link! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cynthia. I made this at show earlier this year and all of the customers just loved it. It will probably become a free project idea in our School of Design if I ever find the time to write the instructions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers