Jamie Hogsett

Spring Spinel

10:45 AM


Bouquets of flowers were on my mind this week as I poked through my bead stash looking for inspiration. More specifically, bouquets of many shades of the same flower. Last weekend was crazy busy with events featuring flowers: a bridal shower with huge vases full of red roses, a flower festival celebrating Buddha's birthday with purple flowers adorning a carved wood alter, and a birthday party with sparkling crystal vases filled with tulips in all shades of pink and lavender. All these images popped up when I found this gorgeous strand of multi-colored spinel.

According to the Soft Flex Company website, spinel helps clarify thoughts and creative ideas and has a calming effect - all things that my mind could use some help with. I love the mixture of colors in this strand and wanted to keep the stones flowing from one color to another in my design, so these sterling silver three-strand connectors were the perfect finding to add to this necklace. I used Soft Touch .010 diameter wire in white to string the spinel rondelles, keeping them in the same order they were in on the strand. The white wire works as a highlighter, making the stones appear to glow from within. Two strands of Extreme Flex Wire .019 diameter in 925 Sterling Silver and one strand of Soft Flex Beading Wire .019 diameter in Spinel connect the front section of the necklace to this pretty sterling silver flower and leaf hook and eye clasp. The spinel wire is a perfect match to the beads, as it should be since it was named after the gemstone. Who wouldn't love to receive a bouquet of flowers in all the shades of this spinel? I know I would!


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

 

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers