Jamie Hogsett

Annabell's Prom Jewelry by Jamie Hogsett

10:45 AM


Annabell is my friend Christine's exchange student from Germany. I met her last August when she first arrived and it's been wonderful getting to know her. She's sweet and funny and a fabulous addition to Christine and Brian's family. As part of her experience here, this past weekend Annabell participated in the American tradition known as Prom. She looked amazing!

It was an honor to be asked to make Annabell's prom jewelry. Her gold/champagne dress has lots of beading around the neckline, so we decided to go with earrings and a bracelet. Annabell picked CRYSTALLIZED - Swarovski Elements crystal beads in Crystal Golden Shadow and pearls in Powder Almond because they looked so gorgeous with the color of her dress. Her earrings were three-tiered wire wrapped links using 6mm, 8mm, and 10mm pearls.




Annabell's bracelet was made using 24K Gold Extreme Flex Wire, 4mm crystal round beads, and 10mm crystal pearls. I strung a pattern of 5 crystal rounds beads and 1 crystal pearl twelve times. I then used a needle and FireLine to string 1 gold-filled rondelle, 1 crystal round bead, and 1 gold-filled rondelle and pass through 1 pearl. I repeated this for the length of the bracelet, making sure to pull the thread tight to make the crystals and wire curve. The result was a gorgeous eye-catching bracelet. I love how the 24K Gold wire shines through the transparent crystal beads.

Annabell leaves for Germany later this month and I'm already sad to see her go. I'm glad she had a great time at prom before she left and I'm so proud that she's taking some of my jewelry home with her.




Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

3 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Well done and beautiful. Safe trip to Annabell. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Createology. Really beautiful designs--it must have been a blast for Annabell to attend prom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments! I'll be sure to pass them on to Annabell.

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers