Jamie Hogsett

Beetle Bracelet by Jamie Hogsett

10:45 AM


Whenever I have a beading emergency, my bead stash is there to save the day. I find that if I'm lacking inspiration, the stash is the perfect place to go for ideas. There are a lot of beads in my collection that I haven't seen in awhile, so just looking at them again is often just the spark I need for new ideas to form. 

These ceramic beads from Earthenwood Studio are a great example. I've had them for a few years now and the little beetle's shades of blue and green caught my eye when I rediscovered it yesterday. I used one strand each of Soft Flex Beading Wire in Green Turquoise, Fluorite, Chrysoprase, and Peridot to string the ceramic beads with a mixture of Black Matte Opaque Delicas from Beyond Beadery and lots of CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements from my stash, specifically 3mm and 4mm rounds and bicones in olivine, chrysolite satin, peridot, and light azore satin. A sterling silver toggle clasp with olivine Austrian crystals and 3mm sterling silver crimp tubes finish off the bracelet. All together, these elements compose a cute, summery bracelet with cool, watery colors. Like everything else of late, this bracelet makes me want to go to the beach!


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

1 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. I bought a valued beading book that any bead lover should have. I wanted to share it with you so I posted the link to where I found this beading resource.

    Highly Recommended.

    Also a great place to visit if you are looking for craft ideas also.

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers