Friday, June 4, 2010

Spotlight on...Steampunk Style Jewelry by Jean Campbell







Our featured book this month isSteampunk Style Jewelry by Jean Campbell

Steampunk Style Jewelry by Jean Campbell is a treat. She is a lovely and talented author, who seems to put a great deal of time and thought into every book that she writes. Steampunk is hot these days, but this style has been around for more than twenty years. According to this book, the term was coined in 1987. So, what is steampunk?"Generally, Steampunk is a fashion, design, and popular-culture phenomenon that combines romance and technology." Jean was kind enough to show our Metallics beading wire in her book, which is a perfect match for this style of jewelry. We offer both antique brass and copper color beading wire.



4 comments:

Claire Goverts said...

I've had this book on my wishlist over at Rings and Things for awhile. After reading your post about it I may have to move it to my saved cart so it'll be handy for my next order. It's good to know that she includes beading wire in the book.

I have the Soft Flex antique brass, it's a wonderful color. I bought the trio it was a part of and like it enough to buy another spool of it on it's own.

Softflexgirl said...

This is a beautiful book. I daresay that it may be my favorite of Jean's titles, but she has so many! I loved her last books with jewelry design based on works of art. And her upcoming book looks fab too. She was recreating old movie star jewelry. Love her!

Softflexgirl said...

You can follow Jean's blog here: http://jeancampbellink.blogspot.com/

Softflexgirl said...

You can follow Jean's blog here: http://jeancampbellink.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...