Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Stringing Summer 2010 by Jamie Hogsett

Danielle Fox, editor of Stringing Magazine, gave me an advance copy of the new issue of Stringing at the Bead & Button show. (Subscribers should receive their copies any day now.) I do the technical editing for Stringing, so after seeing and writing the instructions for the projects months ago, it's great fun to see them in print, finally. The issue looks great, with lots of bright summery projects!

Danielle wrote a feature in the magazine called Summer's Sexiest Stones and invited me to be a part of it. I am loving turquoise right now, so wrote about it and designed a project using some great turquoise beads from Soft Flex Company, called Lucky Turquoise.

Instructions for this project are online and can be found here. KimE, our gallery manager, made some short strands of the turquoise and they're available here. In addition, I used turquoise rondelles, 925 Sterling Silver Extreme wire, a versatile hook and eye clasp, and really cool silver beads/links that have a hole running through the center of the bead as well as an additional hole through the tip of one of the petals.


Crashing Waves is another project I contributed to the magazine, using a shell pendant from my good friends at LillyPilly Designs, ceramic beads from JanglesVintaj Natural Brass findings, and Antique  Brass Soft Flex Metallics wire in .024 diameter. Now that this necklace is back in my possession, I'll be wearing it all summer long!


And finally, in the bracelet spread in the magazine, is a bracelet using glass pieces from Michele Goldstein that I've had in my stash forever. I love Michele's glass and am excited that I finally used these pieces in a bracelet. In addition to Michele's glass focal bead and button, I used Czech glass squares and fire-polished rounds from Raven's Journey, seed beads from Beyond Beadery, Green Turquoise Soft Flex Beading Wire, and aquamarine rondelles that I've had for years (and can't remember the source of). It's a colorful, eye-catching bracelet for sure!


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

2 comments:

LissC said...

oh my goodness. All these pieces are sooooo flipping cute!! I just absolutely love them. Cute Cute Cute!

Jamie Hogsett said...

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...