Jamie Hogsett

Everyday Bracelet using NEW Soft Flex Craft Wire by Jamie Hogsett

10:45 AM


As Sara pointed out during set-up at CHA when Lisa and Shelley asked why I wasn't wearing beaded jewelry, I'm not really a beader in real life. My house is filled with beads (they've spilled out of my studio and into pretty much every other room) and all the beaded jewelry I've made for books and magazines during my ten years in this industry, but I really don't wear beads on a daily basis. I always wear the diamond studs and pendant that were gifts from my mom, and sometimes I wear beaded earrings, but other than that, I'm generally bead-free. I'm attempting to change that though. I feel the need to wear something beaded everyday, so I made a bracelet that I really love for just that purpose.

I used new Soft Flex Craft Wire in 18-gauge Gunmetal to wrap all the links. Some links are just wire, some have Crystallized Swarovski Elements 6mm rondelles in Erinite, three links have polymer clay spacer rondelles in colors that I adore made by Heather at Humblebeads, and one link has a pewter fish from my buddies at Green Girl Studios that has always been a favorite design of mine. All the links are finished off with a fun sterling silver cage clasp that is easy to put on by myself and quite secure. Since I don't wear a watch, I plan on wearing this bracelet on my left wrist, which leaves my right wrist available for other beaded bracelets!


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company and a Swarovski Crystal Ambassador. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

3 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. i love this bracelet. wire is my absolute favorite thing to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bracelet is so cute. And something new from Soft Flex. Didn't know you were making wire now. I love wire. Will have to check that out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'm really liking working with new Art Wire, so there will be more wire projects to come!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers