Spotlight on...Color by Margie Deeb - Making Palettes for Focal Beads

11:06 AM


Making Palettes for Focal Beads
by Margie Deeb

How to create a necklace color scheme from an existing bead (or fabric) is one of the questions I've been asked the most over the years.
Last week Rachel D. wrote:


"I have a question about working with beads that are multi-colored. I have purchased lampwork glass beads that are made up of at least 3 colors. I would like to know if I should choose 1 color out of the multi-color bead and use as an accent bead or just use plain clear glass beads as accents? I hear different opinions.

I told Rachel "Its difficult for me to give you my most informed answer without seeing the beads."
My preference is color, not clear glass beads. So I would try to choose 1 color within the beads to use as a unifying color. That is not a rule, that is where I would start experimenting.


Color  by Margie Deeb - Making Palettes for Focal Beads
Bead Seller - Rings and Things

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers