Jamie Hogsett

Abacus Bracelet by Jamie Hogsett

10:45 AM


New beads from Raven's Journey and The Beadin' Path, purchased this past weekend at the Denver Bead Renaissance show, are perfect for this week's bracelet. For some reason, the image of an abacus popped into my head when I was at my beading table, so this is my attempt at a wearable abacus.


The beads don't really move around as they would on a working abacus, but that's okay with me. The Czech glass 8x6mm rondelles and the vintage Lucite 8mm and 10mm rounds tap against each other to make the great clinking sound that's always been my favorite part of an abacus. Green Emerald Soft Flex .019 diameter beading wire is the perfect color to bring the different blues and greens of the beads together. The three strands are separated by five sterling silver 3-hole spacer bars and finished with a sterling silver 3-strand slide clasp. I haven't made a big, chunky cuff in awhile, and I'm loving the feel of it on my wrist.


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

3 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. I love this bracelet, what a fun way to show of the Soft Flex wire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! I'm thinking of doing another version using wire in a completely contrasting color - we'll see how it turns out...

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers