Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Treat - Part Four by Jamie Hogsett

Here's a truly versatile piece that I'll wear this Halloween and on many other occasions, I'm sure. Technically, I guess it's a lariat, though it can be worn so many ways: folded in half and worn true lariat style, wrapped around your neck three times as a choker, wrapped around your wrist eight or so times for a funky cuff, or ...
The super-sweet skull bead is from my friends at Green Girl Studios, and the old key from Glass Garden Beads. The Czech glass cathedral beads and spiderweb red agate are from Shipwreck, and the brass hook and crimp covers/spacers from Vintaj. I used 20-gauge Orange Soft Flex Craft Wire to wrap the skull, Black Onyx Soft Flex Wire .024 diameter for the braid, and sterling silver 3mm crimp tubes to secure it all. Halloween this year will find me at a concert and this necklace will make the perfect costume!

Hope you all have a wonderful Halloween!


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That is so cool. I would love to dress up on Halloween with this.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Softflexgirl said...

I love the use of the skull. Very nice, Jamie!

Hi Erin, thanks for stopping by to see what we are up to these days! Is everything going well in your neck of the woods?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...