Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fun with the Knitting Spool by Jamie Hogsett

Ah, the Knitting Spool. It took me quite awhile to get the hang of this little tool. It frustrated me to no end, but I've finally become friends with it and have learned to do some pretty fun things with it. I was planning to have a finished piece for you today, with a knitted length of wire as its base. Then my back went out (also frustrating) and I had to spend four days in bed, so I'm a little behind.
Luckily, I learned that it's possible to use the knitting spool in bed, so I did make a little progress. The knitting part is finished and now I just need to style it up!
So, check back next week for the finished design. In the meantime, check out some fun knitting spool free projects in the School of Design. My favorites are Sara's Trios Knitted bracelets and my Knitted Cage bracelet. There is also a great step-by-step tutorial for the Knitting Spool. It's a very good thing.

  Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.
 
 

9 comments:

Softflexgirl said...

Jamie, you always take such nice photos! Thanks for the great post.

Kristen (Creative Stash) said...

I need to see how this things works in person one day. I can't seem to get my head around it - it looks totally cool!

Softflexgirl said...

I'd be happy to show you Kristen, it is really very easy and repetitive.

Jamie Hogsett said...

Thank you Sara! Kristen, you're going to love the knitting spool - it's almost meditative once you get going... :)

marc said...

love the look great photos and hi can you do this with threads /leather and yarns as well as wire also could I in case a cable in side it as I want to cover some electrical household appliances cables in different colours for a photograph and this looks like I would be able to make sleeves for them easy and quick if you could give me any help tips advice I would be so grateful thank you so much

Sara Oehler said...

You can definitely use threads, yarns, fibers, etc.

marc said...

Thank you Sara you are a Star i will be giving this a go for sure you just might have saved my bacon i hope the kindness you have shown comes back to you a 1000 x over have a great week and i will be back take care big love marc

marc said...

thankyou so much for the help

Sara Oehler said...

You are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...