Jamie Hogsett

Jupiter Bracelet by Jamie Hogsett

10:45 AM

A good friend of mine recently showed me this gorgeous picture of Jupiter. I was immediately inspired by the color combination and was excited to find beads in my stash that look almost exactly like this planet. A new bracelet idea was born and I put the finishing touches on it last night.
It's difficult to tell in pictures, but the red and gray jasper oval beads look almost identical to the surface of Jupiter in the picture above. I added garnet simple-cut nuggets, clear quartz polished nuggets, and Crystallized Swarovski Elements bicones in 5mm light azore and 4mm Pacific opal, and rounds in 3mm mint alabaster. Soft Flex Metallics Copper Color .019 diameter beading wire was used to string all the beads together on two separate strands. Once these wires were crimped and covered, I used Soft Flex Craft Wire in 28-gauge Brown to add more beads between the two strands. The 28-gauge wire was woven back and forth through the added beads and around the strung strands, giving the cuff a little bit of stiffness and a lot of strength. A sweet little sterling silver star clasp finishes it all off.
I'm continually amazed by all of the many places to find jewelry-making inspiration. The colors in this bracelet will always make me thing of this picture of Jupiter. If only I can see that planet and all it's beautiful colors in person one day!


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.
     

You Might Also Like

2 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. inspiring indeed, that picture is gorgeous! I love the cuff like style of this bracelet and your beads are a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristen! I adore this combination of colors and probably never would have come up with it on my own...

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers