holiday

Beaded Napkin Rings for a Holiday Table - Thanksgiving, Christmas or Hannakuh

12:12 PM


Even though we're all grown up, my brother and I still stay at our mom's house every Christmas eve. And, every Christmas morning, while we watch Elf, my brother makes biscuits and gravy for us while my mom and I wrap the rest of the packages that we'll take to our huge family gathering later in the day. It's one of my favorite parts of the holidays because we're all laughing together in our pajamas and my brother is a darn good chef.

My mom likes to set the table and make it as festive as possible, so it was with her in mind that I created these napkin rings. They're a great last-minute gift idea that can be used year-round for any meal and are quick and easy to make.





Materials:
15 assorted 6-18mm glass beads, 5 each in purple, orange, and green

Tools:
45mm mandrel (bottle, toilet paper roll, etc.)

Finished size: 45mm diameter, plus beads

Step 1: Use 3" of purple 22-gauge wire and 1 purple bead to form a wire wrapped dangle. Repeat four times, wrapping each bead in a slightly different way with wire spirals or by varying the type of wire wrap. Set aside.
Step 2: Use 24" of purple 18-gauge wire to wrap around the mandrel three times. Use flat nose pliers to bend the longer end of the wire up 90 degrees from the mandrel. Wrap the shorter end of the wire around the longer wire three times. Trim the shorter wire end. Use the other end of the wire to form a wire wrapped loop that attaches to the five dangles formed in Step 1.
Step 3: Repeat Steps 1 and 2 using amber wire and orange beads.
Step 4: Repeat Steps 1 and 2 using peridot wire and green beads.



Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers