holiday

Presenting Holiday Presents by Jamie Hogsett

10:35 AM

If you're giving jewelry for the holidays this year, here's an idea to make the gift a part of the presentation. Kristen's post about packaging inspired me to include these resin pendants as part of the package decoration:

This piece is a resin pendant attached to a crystal rivoli link. It's tied to the paper box with Econoflex Wire in Spring Green .019 diameter. 
This resin pendant is tied to its package with Econoflex Steel Blue .019 wire. Using Econoflex in place of ribbon is a fun and economical way to dress a present, plus, it gives a hint as to what is inside.
Even though most of the present is visible from the outside, inside each box is a necklace made of several strands of Econoflex, making the necklace instantly wearable. To do this, just make sure you use jump rings large enough for one clasp end to slip through, or bring along a couple of pairs of pliers so that you can attach the pendant just as soon as the package is opened.

Resin pendants are great gifts that can be made completely personal for each specific person. I'm still fairly new to resin and have only made a few things with it, but I'm loving it more and more. For the pendant with the crystal rivoli, I included a little brass fleur-de-lis charm and a couple of crystals in with the bird and Paris themed paper cutouts. I used the same papers for the other pendant and added a few crystals to it as well. I also added a little bit of green alcohol ink to the resin as I was mixing it, just for the sake of experimentation. Next time I'll add less ink, as the pieces are a little dark, but I like the antiqued feel it gives to the pendants. 

All of the materials for the pendants (pendant blanks, papers, resin, crystal rivoli, and rivoli link) were donated by Artbeads.com, and they have a great tutorial on how to use resin if you're just getting started.


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

5 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Very beautiful pieces. Love the presentation too. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea. I love it. What a unique way to pique people's curiosity and wrap the gift at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Econoflex that she used is our least expensive product. It is only $2.99 for 30ft and can be found in any Hobby Lobby near you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the sweet comments! I love how versatile Econoflex is and that it curls so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this?! It's been a busy week. Jamie this post is awesome. I love your pendants and how you wrapped them. I think I need some Econoflex wire specifically for the curling! so fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers