Friday, April 30, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
And the winner is.....lucky #80 was chosen on random.org. #80 was Liss C for following us on twitter. Yay Liss! A big thank you to all that entered. Stay tuned, another giveaway will be just around the corner.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
I woke up anxious this morning. I knew I’d be driving into
Guest Blog by Lina Gomez, shopper at the Best Bead Show in Miami. You can find Lina on her blog, Beads N Blessings.
There are also knowledgeable instructors and demonstrations available every day at almost every hour that the show is open to help you learn a new skill or to sharpen one you might already have.
Of course, Soft Flex Company is there as well to ready you with bead stringing materials and tools as well as with some of our gorgeous, high quality gemstones and bead strands. We also had our brand new Soft Flex Trio Beading Wire Variety Packs available along with some beautiful necklace and earring creations made by our very own Sara Hardin and Jamie Hogsett to help inspire you as to what can be done with them.
Our job is not only to sell, but also to create, teach and inspire all of our wonderful customers in any way that we can. We want to thank each and every one of you who came by our booth this year and to let those of you who have never been at the Las Vegas Show that it is defiantly worth attending.
We hope to see you next year at the 2011 bead show in exciting
Guest blogger Brian Clarkis the Photographer for Soft Flex Company. Contact him at Brian@SoftFlexCompany.com.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
These earrings came together in less than ten minutes and that includes the time it took to go through my stash and pull out the materials. The silver textured ovals are individual chain links from Soft Flex Company's oval and round silver-plated copper chain. I've been playing around with this chain, cutting it apart and using individual links or short sections of links for other projects. These two links were uncut leftovers and are perfect for adding movement and texture to the earrings. The five other ingredients are: Extreme 925 Sterling Silver .019 beading wire, 2mm crimp tubes, 3mm crimp covers, sterling silver ear wires, and ceramic charms handmade in Bulgaria from Golem Design Studio.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
- Keep a "to do" list. It is far too easy to get distracted when you are at home. When you accomplish a task, mark it off on your list and see what is next. This will keep you from losing track of what is most important. My "to do" list often lists my short term goals as well as my long term goals.
- Keep a regular schedule. Try to start and end work around the same time each day. Give yourself enough time in the morning to have a normal routine, eat breakfast, shower and get dressed. I like to start my day with a cup of hot tea. Don't forget to take a break in the middle of the day like everyone in the "normal" world. It is refreshing and especially nice if you can get outside.
- Visit the outside world. I'm a pretty social person. Being alone all day, everyday can be really hard for me. Poor Josh! I have to remind myself everyday that he has been at work WITH people all day. So when he comes home from work, he just wants to rest and have some quiet time. I, on the other hand, have spent most if not all of the day WITHOUT people and am bursting with chitter chatter. So, I try to break up my day and visit the outside world. I'll get a coffee or grab lunch outside of my home, go hiking early in the morning to visit the local gym. Set up face-to-face meetings with co-workers or peers. My co-worker Kristen and I try to grab lunch and meet face-to-face once a month. We often leave this meeting feeling refreshed and inspired.
- Make connections online. Did I mention that I'm a pretty social person? Along with going out into the outside world, use online tools to connect. Tools like instant messenger, facebook, linkedin and twitter are a great way to feel connected to other people in the world. Social media is a great way to collaborate and keep in touch. The telecommuters in our company use instant messenger on a daily basis. It is nice to be able to quickly chat about work without a formal phone call.
- Work space. Being at home means that you can create your own work environment. Maybe that's a desk. Maybe its the kitchen table. Maybe it is a combination of several work spaces. I have a desk and I have a beading table, but I find that I am most comfortable in my living room. I've moved a few times over the years and I've found my work space to be different in each home. Wherever it is, be sure that at the end of the day, you can switch from being at work to being at home.
- Background noise. I'm sure that not everyone needs this. I'm sure that some people like silence when they work. I'm not one of those people. I usually have something running in the background - music, television, the news...something. If nothing else, it helps me keep track of time.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Color, color, we love color. If you love color, you should consider entering into the Fashion Colorworks Beading Contest. Entries are required to use one of the color combos announced by the Pantone Color Institute, the world-renowned authority on color and provider of color systems, as top 10 colors for Spring 2010. Each color palette has 3 colors, just like our Soft Flex Trios.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
Enchanted Adornmentsby Cynthia Thornton