Photo by Meredith Moore from my back patio.
As a new year dawns, I (like many others) like to reflect on the previous year and I especially like to acknowledge all that was accomplished. As with most years, 2010 was a busy year for Soft Flex Company. Although we've missed owner Mike Sherman since his injury in April, we've still been able to get a lot done in his absence. Thankfully, his health and mobility improves daily. We look forward to the new year all that it may bring.
- Enjoyed our first year in our gorgeous, new building.
- Hosted our first gallery open house, a goal that we had been working toward for many years. Now, the Soft Flex Gallery is open to the public every Wednesday.
- Hosted three shows, 2 in Hawaii and 1 in New York. We attended many, many more. Click to see our entire show schedule.
- Taught our first make-it-take-its at both CHA and Bead & Button.
- Launched Multi-diameter Soft Flex, Soft Touch and Extreme Trios.
- Launched Holiday themed Soft Flex Trios.
- Launched Soft Flex Craft Wire.
- Launched Mini Bead Stoppers with color tips.
- Launched a new assortment of Chain.
- Received the honor of being chosen as HSN's preferred beading wire for their strung jewelry designs.
- Completed our second annual beading contest.
- Created and added about 50 new ideas to our free project idea section on the website.
- Added about 60 new articles, book reviews, designer and bead store features to our spotlight on.. section on the website.
- Created and added all sorts of new free printable art to the website.
- Updated our bead store finder to include facebook and twitter accounts so that customers can easily link up with their local bead shop through social media.