Sara Hardin

Ask Sara - Which diameter of beading wire should I use?

9:00 AM



Question: Which diameter of beading wire should I use?

Answer:  I get this question so often. I thought that it would be nice to revisit this subject. Here is a simple, easy-to-read chart.


Diameter
Basic Usage
Crimp to Use
Ideal for embellishing, weaving, crocheting and stringing very small beads.
1x1mm
Ideal for soft materials, seed beads and fresh water pearls.
2x2mm
Ideal all purpose wire. Great with glass, mineral, and metal beads.
2x2mm
Ideal for abrasive materials, large stones, lamp work and bracelets.
2x3mm



For more information, check out this wonderful post from June of 2009. It covers everything that you need to know about choosing the best diameter for you!

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers