Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Showing Off the New Year by Jamie Hogsett

Kristen's 2011 Printable Calendar is such a fun idea! Unfortunately, I don't have a plate stand to hold it, nor do I have extra space on my desk for it to sit. So, I've come up with a couple of options - using different Soft Flex wires, of course - for hanging the calendar. I chose neutral beads and wires that will fit into any decor and work well with all the different pages of the calendar.


The first option, on the left, is made with the Extreme Trios Wire Set in .019 diameter. I added a few 6mm clear CZs on each side that stay in place because they're strung on two wires, with two different wires used for each CZ. A mighty crimp tube holds it all together and when a new month rolls around, the previous page can just be ripped off the holder.

 
The second option is made with 18-gauge Craft Wire in Vintage Bronze and a few clear glass furnace beads. With the exception of the loop at the top of the hanger, the only tool I used for this was a pair of cutters, hence the imperfections in the wire wraps - I wanted it to look a little rough and tumble. The hooks are open, so calendar pages can be slipped on and off the hanger.

 
The Craft Wire hanger and calendar fit perfectly in a little spot on the wall next to my computer and the Extreme Trios hanger and calendar will go to Grandma. She always likes to have a little calendar hanging in her kitchen and I know she'll proudly hang this one in 2011.

Here's hoping 2011 is a fabulous year for you all!



Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

3 comments:

Softflexgirl said...

Great idea, Jamie!

Kristen (Creative Stash) said...

love these! great work adding a little more pizazz and flexibility to the calendar, Jamie

Jamie Hogsett said...

Thank you Sara and Kristen! It feels so special to have an entire calendar of my designs. Thanks for making the calendar Kristen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...