Ask Sara - Dressing Pliers for working with craft wire9:00 AM
Answer: When working with wire, it is always a good idea to dress your tools to avoid marring the wire. Here are some tips for how to best dress your tools when using our Soft Flex Craft Wire.
- Buff tool tips with 00 steel wool, then follow up with 000 steel wool.
- Dip tool tip in “Tool Magic” coating, dip just one tip to maintain a better grip
- Use a smooth tape like masking, cloth or painter’s tape to cover tool tips
- Soften your grip
- You can also use nylon jaw pliers. Due to the nylon jaws, the wire is less likely to be scratched or marred while being worked on.
- Practice really does make perfect. Try practicing with some plain bare copper wire. When you are to a point where you no longer knick your wire, move on to the many colors and gauges that we offer!