Jamie Hogsett

Better Late Than Never Necklace by Jamie Hogsett

10:45 AM

The very cool Lorelei Eurto recently held a bead challenge on her blog. I excitedly ordered her list of materials and started thinking about my design. Then I got the flu and couldn't really move for a week. Unfortunately, my project wasn't even close to being finished by Lorelei's reveal date. So, I didn't get to participate in Lorelei's challenge, but I was still determined to finish my piece.
I wasn't able to get the Lucite leaves in Lorelei's list, but luckily, I had these fun Lucite leaves in my stash. I added two orange Czech glass coin beads and used Soft Flex Craft Wire in 24- and 20-gauge Amber and Citrine .019 diameter beading wire. I adore this color palette!


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

3 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. WOW!! jamie!! It turned out awesome!! Sorry to hear you got sick.. that stinks! I hope you are on the mend. I love how this neckalce turned out- are the leaves lucite BEADS?? OMG! how cool! Where did you find those??

    Great design, love the colored wire you used on the wood rounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this necklace. It really turned out awesome. Too bad you got sick and didn't get it done in time for the challenge. But it's goreous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lorelei! At least I got over being sick in time for Tucson, or I would never have survived! Yes, the leaves are Lucite beads - aren't they fabulous! I've had them forever, but I think I got them from Gail Crosman Moore. I can't wait for your next challenge!

    Thank you Kay!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers