Tuesday, March 1, 2011

CHA Booth Eye Candy by Kristen Fagan

Has it been an entire month since CHA?!  Wow, that totally flew by.  I went to the Craft and Hobby Association Conference and Trade Show in Los Angeles to work in Soft Flex Company's booth.  It was my first trip there and I could not help but take in all the awesomeness that is CHA.

As a maker of things, I loved all the new products, techniques, over the top ideas that stretch your imagination, live demos and make-it-take-its! See all the fun things I made here. As a graphic designer I was totally blown away by the size, detail and beauty of the show booths.  Many you couldn't even call booths, they were like a little slice of creative retail heaven. Can you tell I was completely smitten with the show?  I sure was.

Today, I want to share some of the wonderful booth designs that wowed me while I was there.

Making Memories Booth
 Making Memories is one of scrapbooking's largest suppliers.  How amazing is that square logo floating above their booths connecting them with different ribbons? It is simply designed, delightful and pretty.

Blumenthal Lansing Booth
Blumenthal Lansing button company blew me away with their button art.  They had a few canvas and button 3 dimensional artworks, like the one above, displayed in their booth and they were gorgeous!  Their website and facebook pages have a ton of button inspired projects, I do believe they have made a new button fan out of me.

7 Gypsies Booth
7 Gypsies Booth
7gypsies were introducing their new Lillie Collection for paper arts which is full of adventure, travel and old world charm.  The above pictures show projects created with their printer trays (swoon) and a display of travel memorabilia and old letters (double swoon). Read a bit about 7gypsies here, I loved their story and how they came up with the name.

Ice Resin Booth
I was excited to see some eye candy at the Ice Resin booth.  I was sad I didn't get to stick around to see their demos.  I've only used it on jewelry (and love it) but, their booth showed lots of other lovely uses. I am especially interested in learning more about resin paper.

Epiphany Crafts
Epiphany Crafts booth was quite impressive.  It was one of the smaller booths but what it lacked in size it make up for in charm.  Look at the paper flowers strung from end to end, so pretty!  Look at the real furniture displays, how did they ship those?!  The mock walls were painted a beautiful aged green and a wood looking floor was used instead of the standard carpet, all of these details made you feel like you just stepped into a brick and mortar retail store not a booth at a trade show.

DCWV INC. Booth
Last, but certainly not least was the show stopping paper runway at the DCWV booth. It was drop. dead. gorgeous. The really outdid themselves in the drama department.  The booth has lots of amazing paper creations but the dress runaway took the cake.  Here is a close-up of one the paper dresses, it is completely made out of paper!

DCWV INC. Booth
Hopefully, Soft Flex takes me along to help in the booth and teach make-it-take-its again next year. Hint, hint. :)

Guest blogger Kristen Fagan is the Website Graphic Designer for Soft Flex Company. She also has her own blog and etsy shop.  She'd love to hear from you! So, please feel free to leave comments or email her at Kristen@SoftFlexCompany.com.

2 comments:

Jamie Hogsett said...

Kristen, your excitement about the show was infectious! You made it much more fun for all of us. As far as I'm concerned, you are ALWAYS welcome to help with the make-it-take-its at shows! :)

Softflexgirl said...

I whole-heartedly agree. I think Kristen ought to start thinking about Bead and Button!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...