Mike Sherman

Mike Sherman - A Spinal Cord Injury

11:51 AM


The Tucson Best Bead Show was our first big show since we announced Mike's injury at the tail end of November. So many people still had not heard, and it is never easy being the one to share this kind of news. So many care about him and it almost feels as if you are punching them in the stomach, even if you can soften it with all of the good news about how his recovery is progressing. 

I personally can't count the many nice things that both Scott and Mike have done for me over the years as an employee and a friend. I was hired at Soft Flex in 1999, a few days after my 20th birthday. Being that I started with them at such a young age, I have always felt like they in some ways helped to raise me into the woman that I am today. I am only one of many. I've seen them in action. You'd be hard pressed to find two more generous and loving people. In many respects, they are the kind of people that would give you the shirt right off their back if they thought that you needed it. 

We collected cards, donations, beads and such for Mike and Scott over the course of the week. It was really touching to see a physical manifestation of love for them in a pile of things that people wanted to give or say to them. I have to admit, it made all of us Soft Flex'ers a little weepy. Personally, I'd like to say thank you to anyone and everyone that contributed and showed their love. I can't imagine there being any better medicine for recovery than to feel loved. If you didn't get a chance to sign the cards, leave a present, etc or wanted to send something in addition, you can always send stuff directly to Mike and Scott. 

Mike Sherman and/or Scott Clark
c/o Brian Clark
Po Box 80
Sonoma, CA 95476

Brian will make sure that your card or note gets to the right place.

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers