Jamie Hogsett

Whole Lotta Green Bracelet by Jamie Hogsett

8:55 AM

The Twist N Curl is one of the tools that I demonstrated a lot last week in Tucson. So much so, that a deep grove formed in my thumb nail from forming these wire beads! I love making these little beads - they're fun, quick, and very easy. 

Using 22-gauge Craft Wire in Peridot, I pre-strung the beads (small beads 5mm or less work best), coiled the wire for about 1/2", coiled back over the previous coil twice (back and forth for a total of three layers), then incorporated the beads into the final coil. Once the beads were formed, I used 20-gauge Peridot Craft Wire to wire wrap the beads together. The final step was making the toggle clasp, using 22-gauge wire and a Sharpie marker mandrel for the ring.

When I showed Sara the finished piece, her first response was "Wow, that's a whole lot of green!"


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

4 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. What a fun design, all that wire work is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. And I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it a great color? I love our peridot wire. I used it for several projects last week too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers