Sara Hardin

Ask Sara - How to finish designs on Stretch Magic?

9:00 AM


Question: How do I finish a design on stretch product? Should I crimp it?

Answer: We don't suggest crimping Stretch Magic, or any stretch product for that matter. It is usually pretty soft. When you compress the metal crimp, it can easily slice through the stretch product. A better way to finish off a design on Stretch Magic is to tie a square knot and use a dab of Special T glue for security. Special T glue is non-acidic and dries fairly clear and pliable. I've also used Special T glue for gluing glass to metal, wood to wood, and on other threads and cords. I don't use the actual applicator on the bottle of glue, but instead, I unscrew the cap and us a toothpick or eye pin to pick up a drop of glue and apply it to my surface. A little goes a long way with this glue. It dries in less than a minute. 

You Might Also Like

2 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Just ordered stretch magic and the T glue...cant wait for it to come..looking forward to using it and thanks for the info....just in time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really nice to be able to make such quick and easy projects. I hope that you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers