Jamie Hogsett

Soft Flexers in Estes Park by Jamie Hogsett

9:45 AM

Fellow Soft Flex employees Jenny and Thomas came to Colorado for the RMBS Bead Bazaar last weekend and are staying with me for a couple of days up in Fort Collins. Yesterday we took a drive up to Estes Park. I've been going to Estes since I was a baby and love it. There's something about breathing that fresh mountain air that makes me incredible happy.

On the way up the mountain, we passed a store that's been in the canyon for more than 30 years,

and were treated to a few glimpses of blue sky over the top of the rocks.
We stopped at The Stanley Hotel, built in 1909. It's beautiful and haunted and was the inspiration for Stephen King's novel The Shining.
Our recreation of a scene from the movie. Just imagine snow on the ground and an ax in Thomas' right hand...
It's pretty much always a guarantee that you'll see wildlife in Estes Park and we were treated to lots of deer and elk sightings.


This regal elk was so close, Jenny and I were terrified she might jump onto my car. Thank goodness that didn't happen.
It was a fun and lazy day - the perfect kind for the day after a busy bead show!


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.





You Might Also Like

2 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Thanks for that little trip! I had the good fortune to go and spend about a week in Estes Park in 2000. I was pregnant with my daughter and it was the last time that my husband and I had a weekend alone, leaving our young son at home. It was beautiful. We ate at a restaurant up in the hills that had a view of the Stanley hotel. And we had brunch there. It amazes me to see these elk and mule deer calmly munching the brown grass in someone's front yard. And driving through the Rocky Mountains was breathtaking. I haven't thought about that trip in years! Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin! I'm so glad our little adventure brought back the good memories of your sweet adventure. Thank you for sharing your story. Hopefully you'll be back in Estes again someday!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers