Spotlight on...Hidden Treasures within the 2011 Jewelry Trends by Patsy Evins

9:00 AM


Hidden Treasures Within The 2011 Jewelry Trends 
Written by: Patsy Evins

A few months ago I decided to start making jewelry again. I have been on a sabbatical (a 4 year break) while I tended to family and personal matters. As an artist, I have always made it a point to stay true to myself and not be too influenced by the newest fashion trends. I've stayed focus on creating glass lampwork beads that I am passionate about, like flowers and sea creatures. With my return to jewelry making, I needed to get my bearings and gain inspiration for a direction to head in.

I started looking around on the internet for clues to what was going on in the fashion world. What I noticed was new colors of metals, not the usual silver and gold which was the only acceptable metals 5 years ago. I checked the prices of silver and they were sky high. What I previously paid $7.00 for wholesale was now $21.00! This wake up call let me know that I was out of touch with the current fashions.


Color by Margie Deeb - Color of the Year...Honeysuckle
Designer - Tammy Johnsen
Local Bead Group - Bead Society of New Mexico
Bead Seller - Bead Haven

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers