Joyce's Gold Keys by Jamie Hogsett

9:13 AM

During high school, my after school job was at a great travel agency, Gold Key Travel. GKT was a great place to work and I learned a ton about the world's geography while working with my Uncle Don, my Aunt Karen and a great group of women. One of those women, Joyce, is retiring, so my aunt asked me to make her a necklace as part of her going away gift. Gifts are my favorite part of jewelry-making, so I was thrilled to make a necklace for Joyce, especially since she's such a sweetheart!

Aunt Karen had three gold key charms that she wanted to incorporate and she picked the glass beads (all from Artbeads.com) from my stash. Then it was all on me! Gold 22-gauge wire was used for the charms and the wire-wrapping at the back of the necklace and 24K Gold Extreme Flex Wire in .024 diameter was used for the stringing. I love the combination of the bright gold wires with the brown and greens of the beads.

Happy Retirement Joyce! Hope your days are filled with lots of love and laughter!



Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

3 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. This is such a thoughtful necklace and represents memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! I've been hearing comments from Joyce's co-workers about how excited she was when she opening the necklace - that makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers