Sara Hardin

Life.

9:00 AM


Have you ever noticed in life that things (good and bad) all seem to happen at once? This month was a prime example of that for me. I worried throughout March and April that May might be really tricky. I knew that I'd be wrapping up some classes from Spring semester and have finals. I knew that I had a trip planned to go to Los Angeles to pick out my wedding dress with my bridesmaids. I knew that our book deadline would be looming large all month long. Of course, I knew that my birthday was on May 17th. Lots of things to look forward to, but lots of things that also require work, time and thought. What I didn't know was that my Dad would die and be buried right at the start of May. So what I had predicted to be a high stress time in my life became more stressful than I could have ever anticipated.

Sometimes when things get hard, you just have to put one foot in front of the other. That's what I did and what I continue to do. When the airline lost my luggage on the eve of my Dad's funeral, I hung in there. When finals week threatened to test my patience with waiting in line at a testing center, I breathed. The weekend away to pick out my wedding dress was a blessing. It was a smidgen of calm inside this big storm that is my life right now. And this week, I finished all of my projects and project instructions for the book. That is not to say that there is still not a lot of work left to do to pull our book together, but it does feel nice to have one more thing done.

I wonder when I look back at this month in my life what I will remember most? I hope that I remember how fortunate I was to have support from Josh (my love), our families, our friends and my co-workers. I hope that I remember how fun it was to pick out my wedding dress and how happy I was when I found out that I had straight A's in my classes even though it was nearly impossible to concentrate the last few weeks of class. Most of all, I hope that the projects that I created for the book are unique, special and inspiring. I hope that when I receive my official copy of the book that I think back to May 2011 and appreciate my strength and perseverance. I hope that I remember the good things because I've been blessed with so many.

You Might Also Like

3 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. I am so sorry to read about your dad. I hope that the good memories of picking out your wedding dress, the support and love of your fiance, friends and family, and memories of your dad carry you through this most-difficult/happy time. I hope your finals went well and that you get back your luggage.

    Take care and don't forget to breathe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot begin to express how sorry I am for your losses and for your struggles. I am happy though for the moments that have been good. Isn't that the funny thing about life? It's a double-edged sword that swings both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Susan and Andrew. Life can be so very strange at times. And this past year has been a picture perfect roller coaster of ups and downs, triumphs and trials. I continue to march on!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers